Fixed barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwm1752

These are already listed floor, wall, ceiling, -- so I am assuming they have another meaning of "fixed barrier" and would have been something other than floor, wall, ceiling.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
A half-wall, or a bank of cabinets along said half-wall, which is between the kitchen and dining area...

A railing, with a solid panel from the handrail to the floor.

As far as a definition is concerned-- something that cannot be moved, slid, opened, or rolled out of the way of the cord.

mwm1752

so a half wall a cord could reach over is a barrier? Cannot go around a full wall through a door opening in 2020 NEC. where did you find you definition? Is your definition for fixed also pertain to fixed appliances?

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
so a half wall a cord could reach over is a barrier? Cannot go around a full wall through a door opening in 2020 NEC. where did you find you definition? Is your definition for fixed also pertain to fixed appliances?
My definition is definitely NOT official!! You were looking for things other than floor, wall, or ceiling.

mwm1752

For those involved - the premise is to determine thru some type of documentation if possible - The NEC does not define fixed barrier which leaves the interpretation quite vague. I am though willing to discuss all sides for possible clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.