Fire alarm sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itscold

New User
Occupation
Electrician
Hello everyone a quick question for owners or pms on here about fire alarms. I recently became a Siemens distributer on the fire alarm side of my company. We have been installing other people systems for a long time and finally feel its time to install our own. I am reaching out to all the electrical contractors we've work for in the past to let them know about it.

I know they get bombarded with salesman from other companies but these other companies only offer parts and smarts, we are able to provide a whole system installed. Is this a determent? Our journeyman techs are about 13 dollars an hour cheaper then a journeyman electrician in this area, giving them a cheaper price to markup on. What angle am I missing?

I've visited this site often and I'm glad I joined!

follybeacher

Occupation
Estimator
Part and smarts or turnkey is at the contractor or client’s discretion. Only way to know for sure is to start quoting jobs!

ronball

Occupation
Electric Contractor
Hello everyone a quick question for owners or pms on here about fire alarms. I recently became a Siemens distributer on the fire alarm side of my company. We have been installing other people systems for a long time and finally feel its time to install our own. I am reaching out to all the electrical contractors we've work for in the past to let them know about it.

I know they get bombarded with salesman from other companies but these other companies only offer parts and smarts, we are able to provide a whole system installed. Is this a determent? Our journeyman techs are about 13 dollars an hour cheaper then a journeyman electrician in this area, giving them a cheaper price to markup on. What angle am I missing?

Where you located? Have a project in cental Illinois. Villa Grove Il. can e mail me imfo, ronthomas84@hotmail.com

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety

Hey, welcome to the family. Maybe we'll see you at the VAP shindig next year.

We have been a Siemens distributor for about 30 years or so. Over the last 10, we've seen our mix go to about 80/20 parts and smarts versus full scope. GC's and architects are still geared to thinking that you get your fire alarm from the EC. Our highest rate of success for doing full projects is current customers or past customers who want to do an expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.