Fire Alarm Pull Station Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkim780

There is about 60' wide wall curtain at main entrance without any door frame or any place where I can place pull station. How can I comply with NFPA 72 manual pull staion location?

5.12.6 Manual fire alarm boxes shall be located within 1.5 m (5 ft) of the exit doorway opening at each exit on each floor.
Should I provide a pull staion on pedestal?

Is there any exception that I am not aware of?
What if there is a guard present 24/7 within 10' from the exit? Can it be a exception to not providing a pull station at the exit door?

BTW: There are other exits beside this main entrance within 200'.

nvcape

Re: Fire Alarm Pull Station Location

If you have not already done it, suggest checking the building code to see if manual pulls are actually required, or if you can have a fully automatic system for the building classification and just have one at the panel.

fyretek

Re: Fire Alarm Pull Station Location

I know this is a little late but my 2 cents based on about 100 sitiuations of th same thing.........ask the AHJ were they want it and explain the situation to them, the fire marshall will be more then happy to get involved. and yes the occopancy type is also important, you may not even need it, but if you do, the ahj will more likely accept some thing closest to the opening.

If you ever read this again let us know how it turned out, i could be all loopy or something. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.