Feeding Recept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Question.
If you have receptacles on a wall that is concrete cast in place and have to use EMT. How would you:

1. Mount the receptacle?
2. Run the conduit within the wall?

tank728

Occupation
Electrician
They should have this figured out for you. Coordination would need to be done to decide where you home run or pickup point is. Otherwise it's surface mount

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I don't understand. This seems like a very tricky install. If they want everything in the wall what would your receptacle box and conduit attach to?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The
I don't understand. This seems like a very tricky install. If they want everything in the wall what would your receptacle box and conduit attach to?
Box gets attached to the form in the desired location, EMT runs from the box. EMT usually gets tie wired to the rebar.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
So the form for the concrete is by the concrete guy. What if the form is not in the location of the box?
100% of the wall has to have forms on both sides...typically the form wound be installed on one side, the boxes attached to the form, the rebar installed, the EMT installed, the other side of the form installed, and then the concrete is poured. Note that the connectors must be installed in the boxes before the are attached to the form, and you need to tape the inside ends of the connectors, especially for any runs that are in the bottom of the box.

Electromatic

Occupation
Master Electrician
I actually have a similar situation about to come up. A building with CMU walls, then pre-cast concrete panels will be the exterior finish outside of the CMU. Right now, I just have my pipes stubbed up the first couple of courses of block in the webs in locations shown on the plans. How can I stub out of the CMU but leave some adjustability if the pre-cast openings aren't exactly where my pipes are?

Buck Parrish

I actually have a similar situation about to come up. A building with CMU walls, then pre-cast concrete panels will be the exterior finish outside of the CMU. Right now, I just have my pipes stubbed up the first couple of courses of block in the webs in locations shown on the plans. How can I stub out of the CMU but leave some adjustability if the pre-cast openings aren't exactly where my pipes are?
Ask the GC to get you specs get on the precast concrete panels. Otherwise, they'll need to punch holes in it. I'm assuming it will be above a drop ceiling. Either way, if they have pre cut knockouts. (Like on manufactured joices) It would be good to know.

It might be on the Architectual prints

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.