FEEDER REMOVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
What is the most likely scenario when you have installed a feeder and they remove the panel the feeder is serving. Do you remove they entire run of conduit & wire, oull it back to a box and safe it off etc.?

Thanks

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
What is the most likely scenario when you have installed a feeder and they remove the panel the feeder is serving. Do you remove they entire run of conduit & wire, oull it back to a box and safe it off etc.?

Thanks

Most places they would not remove the PB. I guess it is about how much money you have to spend on unnecessary work.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Most places they would not remove the PB. I guess it is about how much money you have to spend on unnecessary work.

What do you mean?? They would only remove the conduit back to the pull box??? What if the PB is 100' away? I would think they would remove the conduit back a bit and put a box an safe off the conductors in the box.

Ok now a technical question. When removing conduit from a PB or panel enclosure does it come right out by removing the connector or is there cutting etc. that has to be done? Thanks.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I misread what you wrote. they removed a panel, not a panelboard.

It is still mostly about money. It kind of depends on the situation. I would do whatever the cheapest safe solution involves. Most cases it would not be removing the conduit and wire all the way back to its source.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I misread what you wrote. they removed a panel, not a panelboard.

It is still mostly about money. It kind of depends on the situation. I would do whatever the cheapest safe solution involves. Most cases it would not be removing the conduit and wire all the way back to its source.

Ok, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.