Fan speed control is making lights blink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonm

New User
Occupation
Residential wireman
In the master bedroom of this new house I have a 2g switch box the first switch is a standard single pole which operates 4 6inch recessed cans with led lts, the second switch is a leviton fan speed control (no light kit or nuetral) the are on the same master lighting circuit additionally there is the same can setup in the master bathroom which is a seperate box but same circuit. When I have all the cans (including the one in the bathroom) on and turn on the fan speed control the cans will blink once, from setting to setting. I've replaced the controller which helped a little but its still not perfect. So I put in a single pole switch in place of the controller which does not make the cans blink but it's just a temporary fix. Does anyone know why I'm having this problem and how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated, thank you

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Different LEDs will respond differently to the switching of the speed control. We used a RCS1A-6 from RK Electronics. We had a neutral at the switch so it was connected to Load of switch & Neutral. That was easier than removing the ceiling fan.

eta: We had the RK items so that is what we used.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
The combination of inductive kickback and the small storage of energy from the capacitors in the speed control lends itself to providing just enough kick to illuminate led trims. Just another quirky thing that’s hard to explain to the average customer that probably thinks we’re some kind of quacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.