Expansion Bellows

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPER 2015

Occupation
Retired HighVoltage Electrcian
Hi I am new to site .
Retired Highvoltage Electrcian .Not a lot of residential experience but 35 years high voltage.
Doing meter stand for Generator 200ft away from home.
Stand has stub poles 2.5 inch PVC Conduit going into DB2 conduit just secured @ 1 end allowed to move freely in DB2 12inches of movement
Other Stub for generator and Transfer switch secured @ 1 end other end. Above floor trench in ground (12 inches) allowed to move freely .
I am assuming no PVC Expansion bellows is needed
Due to not being secured on both ends .
2nd question is that Bell bushings hard to come by on backorder from suppliers ,
can I get away with terminal bushing with 2 locknuts and plastic bushing on end
where cable from trench enters conduit .

Other option is a 90 sweep in trench with bell end and coupling . But now I have straight PVC to 90 sweep 24 inch radius in horizontal partly in trench
now do I need Expansion bellows .

Is it safe to say that Even with large temp differential and conduit is under 25 ft as long as its not fixed on both ends .
expansion bellows is not needed .

Any of your input be much Appreciated .
Thanks Viper

Eddy_Current

Expansion joint not needed as you thought.
Can not use a 90 when transferring to the PVC. It must be straight up, bell end on bottom. Every length of PVC has a bell end. Either plan your run so the bell end is in the trench or cut and glue one on. Cable needs to go up into the bell end with allowance for frost movement.

VIPER 2015

Occupation
Retired HighVoltage Electrcian
Expansion joint not needed as you thought.
Can not use a 90 when transferring to the PVC. It must be straight up, bell end on bottom. Every length of PVC has a bell end. Either plan your run so the bell end is in the trench or cut and glue one on. Cable needs to go up into the bell end with allowance for frost movement.
Thanks Eddy .Ya I will next time for sure. I could not get bell ends so glued on termial adapter with busing on end .With proper clearance of cable in trench for movement .
Hoping this suffices.
May send picture to inspection .You would think it would be ok .As I am meeting purpose of bell end making smooth transition of cable enteriing conduit
Let me know what ya think.
Thank s Much Appreciated
Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.