existing meter center

dhsvcs

Occupation
electrician
I have a client with an existing 5 meter center ( 1-2 vertically stacked meters, 1-3 vertical stacked meter ).
They need to replace the meter center due to corrosion. Can I place a 400 A main disconnect on to a gutter to feed the meter center (load calcs work)
and do a 1 for 1 replacement with an identical meter center and still be NEC 2020 Code compliant ?
I will need 22k breakers or can also use RK1 fuses 400 A fuses. ( 240v 1 ph 400 A total service ) .
For surge protection, if a panel is full can I ( T ) the load side of an appropriate breaker or do I need to wafer 4 breakers of existing panel and use a type
2 surge protector ?
Thanx, DHSVCS

jap

Occupation
Electrician
If replacing anyway, why not order the new Group Metering with a 400a Main Circuit Breaker in the Main Terminal Box?
Most Tennant Mains in group metering setups are 22k rated or better to begin with.
They also make a Surge Protection Module that will bolt to the group metering just like the stacks should one decide to go that route.

JAP>

dhsvcs

Occupation
electrician
I purchased a duplicate meter center before the 2020 code was adopted....Was wondering if I added a 400 A disconnect to the gutter feeding the MCC if it would work..original MCC is top fed now ( factory specs say bottom feed ). Would like to feed the disconnect than the mcc, than add surge protection the easiest way..
Side question...The previous MCC was top fed with a myers hub installed in the field before inspection....Can a myers hub be used anywhere ?

Thanx, dhsvcs