Exam lock up help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDJ

Howdy,

This weekend I’m going to be helping a coworker study to retake his Washington journeyman exam. This will be attempt #3 for him I think. I believe he knows enough to get a passing score but seems to lock up when under pressure of the timed element. I’m going to suggest code book tabs and notes written in the margins, going through the exam and answering the for familiar questions first and flagging the unsure ones to review in the next sweep. What other advice can any of you here suggest? Thanks in advance.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The more he practices, the easier it will get. Do timed practice tests until he can score a 90% consistently. Only then take the test.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
My suggestion is to answer the "easy" questions first. As you go through the test, if you come across a question that will require you to think or to look up a reference, skip that question for now. As you start answering questions for which you are confident in your answers, this will increase your overall confidence in passing the test as a whole. Go back and take on the harder questions only after you have completed the easy ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.