EV's getting cheaper than gas vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

retirede

This was probably 8 or so years ago but a guy at work was bragging about his Prius until he had to replace the battery, $5k if I remember.

Probably not much different than the cost of replacing an engine. Then the question becomes how long is each expected to last?

kwired

Electron manager
My 2006 F250 lasted until last spring. $9000 for a new engine. 222000 miles give or take.
Diesel or gas?

I still driving a 2004 Dodge 2500 diesel with about 303000 on it. Never done anything major to the engine or transmission and had it since almost new.

Really not looking forward to replacing it, even used vehicles aren't all that cheap lately. Plus if I went back to diesel would have to deal with DEF as well.

DEF is saving the environment one plastic jug and one cardboard box at a time in case nobody knew that. :)

1625702735172.png

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Diesel or gas?

I still driving a 2004 Dodge 2500 diesel with about 303000 on it. Never done anything major to the engine or transmission and had it since almost new.

Really not looking forward to replacing it, even used vehicles aren't all that cheap lately. Plus if I went back to diesel would have to deal with DEF as well.

DEF is saving the environment one plastic jug and one cardboard box at a time in case nobody knew that. :)

View attachment 2557081
Gas.

retirede

Diesel or gas?

View attachment 2557081

I just bought a track loader to use at the farm. Went back to a 2013 model to avoid the DEF.

Status
Not open for further replies.