Estimate & Invoicing Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_ross

After perusing some other threads on this site, and mentions of apps that are used for estimating &/or invoicing, it got me thinking about whether it would benefit me in what I do...

How many of you use an "on-the-go" estimating/invoicing app?

I'm not sure it would get used a lot for most of the job types I get myself into, but it might have a place on some jobs where I show up cold (not knowing what I'm getting into) and have a customer ask me how much it'll cost to do "X". If I had something like one of these apps, I could show up, give them a quote that they'll approve, I do the work, and I'll take a credit card payment on the spot.

That isn't the typical way I do work, so it would only be used on a smaller % of the jobs I do.
I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort to get set up for it versus how much it'll actually get used.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I still use paper for service. Triplicate invoice; office copy, customer invoice copy, customer quote copy.

If the job is done, it gets manually entered into quickbooks.

I scan everything using the adobe scan app to have a digital backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravenvalor

I still use paper for service. Triplicate invoice; office copy, customer invoice copy, customer quote copy.

If the job is done, it gets manually entered into quickbooks.

I scan everything using the adobe scan app to have a digital backup.

Be careful with those invoicing systems that claim to automatically enter your data into Quickbooks. Accubid T&M Billing does not work even though when it was sold to me in 07 they claimed that it did work great.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
That is a feature in Conest I believe but we do not use it. Everything is manually entered.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I bought a Mr electric franchise and they use Servicetitan does anyone know if it can be integrated with a electrical supply house

that's somewhat new then.... is it cloud-based and locked down by MRE or is it actually running in-house on your computer?

never mind.... that is the same cloud thing they tried to switch us to before leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.