ENT conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyT103

Occupation
Electrician
I am working on a solar job in Mass. its residential and I want to use spare 3/4 ENT conduit from attic to basement and the way I interpreted the Nec it says I can use it because it is not subjected to damage or readily accessible and were it is exposed it has to be in metal conduit or type mc cable.

packersparky

Occupation
Inspector
I am working on a solar job in Mass. its residential and I want to use spare 3/4 ENT conduit from attic to basement and the way I interpreted the Nec it says I can use it because it is not subjected to damage or readily accessible and were it is exposed it has to be in metal conduit or type mc cable.

Are these DC circuits? If so 690.31(G) would apply.

(G) Photovoltaic System Direct Current Circuits on or in a Building. Where PV system dc circuits run inside a building, they shall be contained in metal raceways, Type MC metal-clad cable that complies with 250.118(10), or metal enclosures from the point of penetration of the surface of the building to the first readily accessible disconnecting means.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Can you pull MC thru the smurf tube?

suemarkp

Occupation
Retired Engineer
How hot is this attic? ENT has the same limit as PVC -- can't be used in area where the ambient temp is over 122F unless listed for higher temps. NEC 362.12(3).

Status
Not open for further replies.