Elevator lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

cburke1111

I have an interior designer that would like me to change out a light in an elevator for a commercial building. The light she would like to change out is a surface mounted light. Is there anything special I need to look out for?

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Who has the maintenance contract, call them; Otis, Schindler, Bobs Elevator and Lift Co..

MAC702

Who IS this "interior designer?" My first thought is that you do not mess with anything in an elevator. It's ALL part of the elevator people, whoever is doing that. Surely, there is already a company maintaining that elevator.

I've worked on and with elevator crews in two countries and two US states. They are VERY protective of THEIR domain. And they are quite skilled at several trades. One common exception is the air conditioners on the car and in the control room. Even then, they were right there next to me the whole time I worked on them.

mtfallsmikey

Who IS this "interior designer?" My first thought is that you do not mess with anything in an elevator. It's ALL part of the elevator people, whoever is doing that. Surely, there is already a company maintaining that elevator.

I've worked on and with elevator crews in two countries and two US states. They are VERY protective of THEIR domain. And they are quite skilled at several trades. One common exception is the air conditioners on the car and in the control room. Even then, they were right there next to me the whole time I worked on them.

Correct, don't modify anything in a cab without having the elevator company do it, or give you permission to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.