Electrical Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
NFPA 70, NEC, is an installation standard.
70E will not have a specific section on MCCs, but most of 70E is applicable.
The MCC mfg will have information on maintenance.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
What type of training? Just tripping or flipping switches or maintenence training?
If I was going to mock up something for training on how to work on something energized I wouldn’t use much more that a fence charger.

wbdvt

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, PE
If they are working on live bucket for training, they will have to have the proper arc rated PPE on for the incident energy level at that MCC. That will most likely mean a face shield, balaclava, hearing protection, etc. How effective will the training be with people dressed like that since they will be within the arc flash boundary.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
We have a "training"MCC that is all 120VAC inside, even on the busbars. But of course, there is only one motor that is connected to anything and is on the VFD, whcih takes the 120VAC and converts it to 230V 3 phase for the motor. The 120V feed is on a GFCI, but I don't tell them that the 230VAC out of the VFD is not really protected by that. Still not exactly "safe", but it makes the "Powers that Be" a little less nervous when we tell them there is no 480V inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.