Electrical shock 277 v

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello I am sorry to bother with what may seem somewhat ignorant questions. I am a 34 year old woman and a second-year Apprentice. About 1 week ago I was hit with 277 volts well on an 8-foot ladder. It was the end of the night and my foreman had instructed myself and another co-worker to take down some newly installed light fixtures so we could swap them for some smaller fixtures in a commercial setting. Apparently while we were doing so he decided to just wait until the following night to change them out; however he did not verify or check if we had the fixtures open or not and flipped the breaker on. As a result I was hit while having both hands on the hot .I had already to removed the wirenut and was using my hand to untwist the wires. Due to the fact that was working in the rain earlier that night my gloves were wet and so i was not wearing gloves. I felt two strong jolts go up my right arm and then I felt like a burn in my left thumb and left foot. I did not fall off the ladder and it did not grab me as they say however it really scared me. I had no visual Burns initially my hands felt kind of numb like it was hard to close them and within about 30 minutes the left side of my face was very red , was hot to the touch, and it felt as if it was burning from the inside of my ear , the left side of my neck and top of my back and shoulder. The left side of my face was twitching for about 20 minutes then that stopped and overall I didn't feel too great. My foreman apologized many times and I ended up going home that night without going to the doctor or Hospital because I didn't want to get him in trouble and I wasn't really sure of the seriousness of the situation. After about an hour or two my face stopped burning and the redness went away and the next day I was a little sore but went back to work. It's been about a week now and I have extreme loss of hearing in my left ear , it feels like its plugged up but I hear a high pitched buzzing constantly in both ears. I became very dizzy and nauseous while on the boom lift at work 2 days ago and I feel like my equilibrium is messed up. I have also been getting terrible headaches, but with no fever. The thing is that ive always had problems with ear infections but i've never experienced ringing in my ears like this before . could this possibly a week later still be related to getting hit? I would appreciate any feedback about any possible knowledge of long-term effects. Thank you for your time and any response will be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.