Electrical inspectors study guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddymack

I guess the title says it all. I'm looking to shop around for some inspector study guides. Can anyone give an endorsement to any?

Thanks

bphgravity

Re: Electrical inspectors study guides

The NFPA puts out an "Electrical Inspection Manual with Checklists."

The International Association of Electrical Inspectors puts out several study guides both for field work and certification study.

Tom Henry has a pretty nice "Electrical Inspector Workbook."

thinfool

Which test are you considering? I just took the Experior 2A, 2B tests. (passed both)
If you can flip thru the NEC and click a computer mouse you should have no problem.

My one observation...Experior/Thompson Prometrics makes testing their business. I found many misspelled words during the test. ex: what's a luminarie? My code refers to luminaire, but I could find no mention of a luminarie. Small point, but when I pay $200. to take a test, I expect excellence.

jwelectric

Originally posted by daddymack:
I guess the title says it all. I'm looking to shop around for some inspector study guides. Can anyone give an endorsement to any?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

Which state? If NC I might could give you some help.
:)

celtic

Like the original poster...I plan on going for the inspectors test.

What I need to prep myself..same as the OP..clueless :roll: ...anyone for NJ have a tip?

(PS: I am also scheduled to take an Instrumentation Level I test next Sat., any hints, tips, caveats, etc would be greatly appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.