electric exam 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

david brand

I'm looking for info on the experior master electrician test in the St. Louis area. I have heard rumors that it is now a 4 hour open book test on the 2002 code. I was wondering how much material on the test was calculations and what to look for on it?

bphgravity

Re: electric exam 2002

If you contact Experior, they will send you the specific information on exam content, time-tables, and allowable resources. Usually, the state electrical contractors board specifies the exam requirements. The most recent numbers I have heard is 1-hr closed book, 2-hr open book, 3-hr calculations. Be prepared to perform various service and branch-circuit calculations, cooking equipment, box and conduit fill, some Ohm's Law, some voltage drop, motor calculations, and possibly a transformer calc. or two. Lots of ampacity questions as well. :eek:

daverz

Re: electric exam 2002

David...

Go to Experior's website, www.experioronline.com, click on the "Construction" button and then on the state that you're interested in. The information you're looking for is there.

The test is only about 10 percent calculations; most of that is NEC requirements and a little ohms law. There's conduit fill and ampacity, using derating and temperature correction factors.

Other than that it's basically an NEC test. If you know how to find your way around the code book, you should do fine.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.