Egress path panic hardwire CX PS10UL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have door between sales floor and back room in egress path which requires alarmed panic hardware in Mercantile commercial setting. The door has push bar on sales side, power supply Camden CX PS10 UL. The CX PS10 UL manufacturer instruction please see below link says to install per NEC 2014 section 760. The equipment required 120VAC power supply.

I am wondering if there are any section rules in NEC 2014 section 760 which would require the CX PS10 UL to be direct wired or powered thru duplex receptacle? If powered thru duplex receptacle then any special requirement anyone here know about?

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I am wondering if there are any section rules in NEC 2014 section 760 which would require the CX PS10 UL to be direct wired or powered thru duplex receptacle?

Do you see any?

I think 760 would only apply to the FACP connection that would unlock the door if the fire system is activated. This is a maglock which means upon power fail the door unlocks so there is no life safety reason to have a secure source of power for the power supply.

I would say (and I have wired many) that it could be powered from a receptacle assuming that the manufacturer allows a line cord. Many actually come with a wall-wart.

-Hal

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I looked at the cut sheet, it does not specify hard wired or receptacle. I agree 760 would apply to the load side. I would call mfg and ask them, so how its wired is up to you.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Do you see any?

I think 760 would only apply to the FACP connection that would unlock the door if the fire system is activated. This is a maglock which means upon power fail the door unlocks so there is no life safety reason to have a secure source of power for the power supply.

I would say (and I have wired many) that it could be powered from a receptacle assuming that the manufacturer allows a line cord. Many actually come with a wall-wart.

-Hal

In my case CX PS10 UL going to power keypad see below link Not mag lock:

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
So how would 760 even be applicable? Just because the instruction sheet mentions 760 doesn't mean it applies to everything you can use that power supply for.

-Hal

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
So how would 760 even be applicable? Just because the instruction sheet mentions 760 doesn't mean it applies to everything you can use that power supply for.

-Hal

Update the CX-PS10UL has battery back and is connected to Fire Alarm addressable interface module to release on fire alarm.

The CX-PS10UL is hardwired but the branch circuit is shared with receptacles.

Would this require dedicated branch circuit NEC 2014 Section 760?

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Update the CX-PS10UL has battery back and is connected to Fire Alarm addressable interface module to release on fire alarm.

The CX-PS10UL is hardwired but the branch circuit is shared with receptacles.

Would this require dedicated branch circuit NEC 2014 Section 760?

Does anyone else know about above?

Status
Not open for further replies.