EGC required

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have 13.2kV wye to 600V wye transformer. H0 and X0 bonded and 13.2kV MGN. The 13.2kV 3 incoming concentric neutral cables to transformer is grounded at the transformer and has no EGC. 600V xfmr secondary side has 3 phase and neutral going to swbd which has neutral bar and equipment grounding conductor bar bonded thru system bonding jumper at swbd.

Question does NEC 2014 require 600V AC system to have equipment grounding conductor?

Last edited:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I have 13.2kV wye to 600V wye transformer. H0 and X0 bonded and 13.2kV MGN. The 13.2kV 3 incoming concentric neutral cables to transformer is grounded at the transformer and has no EGC. 600V xfmr secondary side has 3 phase and neutral going to swbd which has neutral bar and equipment grounding conductor bar bonded thru system bonding jumper at swbd.

Question does NEC 2014 require 600V AC system to have equipment grounding conductor?
If you actually mean an equipment grounding conductor, almost all equipment require a 250.118 ground (see A t 250 Part VI.
If you are speaking of a supply side bonding jumper from jhe transformer to the SWB, 250.30 would require one.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
What I meant post #1 does the 600VAC system have to have equipment grounding conductor or can it be just bonded thru neutral not have any EGC?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The 600V system has to have an EGC after the main bonding jumper. Now considering the number of threads you have open pertaining to this I am closing this one.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.