Eek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

big john

Re: Eek.

Originally posted by iwire:
Safe or not wrong info is still wrong info.
I don't think anyone would argue that point. I think the issue here is simply that the error was not egregious. As long as the error is recognised and experience is drawn from it, that's the important part.

No one is infallible.

-John

iwire

Staff member

John you are right that the error was minor, to me that is not the point.

The point is when I give wrong info I am embarrassed :eek: and I feel badly to have steered some one in the wrong direction, I also will confess to my mistake and apologize for it.

I do not try to justify my mistake with some BS about as long as the error exceeds the NEC it is OK.

We all make mistakes, do a member search on me and you will find the ones I have made, (try maximum outlets on a 20 amp commercial circuits) I will not edit them out, I do apologize for them and accept any ridicule for them.

[ October 12, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: iwire ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Bob, well said!

I agree completely.

Roger

noxx

Tell ya, the comments regarding the Home Depot reminded me of a couple ugly incidents. I've on occasion demanded a word with the manager after overhearing some yahoo in a smock giving out electrical "advice". Scary stuff.

tony_psuee

Bob,

I agree with your philosophy, but hope there is no ridicule with making a mistake in a public forum. In my brief time here I have dropped a couple and do not feel anyone has ridiculed me. Because of the openness of the forum members have been very quick to correct, which I believe is absolutely necessary since I, probably like a lot of others rely on the expertise of the members in the forum to help clear the fog on some issues. I have seen some members receive some pretty frank replies. However, I think we all reap what we sow here. If I try and establish myself as something I'm not and screw up, there should be a line to jump my *** . You hit it on the head, admit when a mistake is made and live and learn.

For Home Depot and the like several years back I had and trade pro try and talk me out of what the licensed electrician upgrading the service in my old house told me to get. Overkill was his response, you can use this instead and save a few bucks. I have a deck on my house I have to replace because of rather than checking the UBC myself 4 years ago when I put it on I went with what a lumber yard "expert" said I could do.

Tony

WOW!!! Just followed that link of Rogers.Just on the FIRST page alone and my head was shaking.Makes you want to enact a law. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.