Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
A Sawzall... to move a grill out to clean it... What is WRONG with people?

I've had people forget to unplug a twistlock plug on a machine thing that was on wheels and rip the receptacle out of the wall (more than once) and I've had someone damage a 1200A breaker handle by using a hammer on it to turn the breaker off (that's fun). But hacking a gas line with a Sawzall... that's deserving of a Darwin award, right along with someone I know of who spilled gasoline on a driveway, so he lit it on fire in order to clean it up quicker.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
New one came in today from one of my guys in the field. Not as funny, but I got a kick out of the enginuity. MCC in a trailer at a rock plant. There is a 300HP VFD in the MCC, which puts out a lot of heat into the room. Because it was built pre-NFPA 70E, they use the same trailer for lunch breaks, so the heat from that drive was apparently too much for them, and they came up with this...

Rock Plant MCC 4.jpg Rock Plant MCC5.jpg
The orange paint is I think so they don't smack their heads on it.

Last edited:

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
New one came in today from one of my guys in the field. Not as funny, but I got a kick out of the enginuity. MCC in a trailer at a rock plant. There is a 300HP VFD in the MCC, which puts out a lot of heat into the room. Because it was built pre-NFPA 70E, they use the same trailer for lunch breaks, so the heat from that drive was apparently too much for them, and they came up with this...

View attachment 2552546 View attachment 2552547
The orange paint is I think so they don't smack their heads on it.
Forget the orange paint, they should just leave the blood on it as a warning.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
re: bloody warnings-- there was a wood shop that had a few accidents-- on the top of the cable saw are 2 spray-painted outlines of hands, each missing a finger. One labeled "Red," one "Lefty."

Status
Not open for further replies.