Door Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is regarding a hazardous location, and a door leading to the outside: The doorway must be OSHA Approved. What type of handle do I need? This is a small building that one or two workers might enter to perform maintenance on equipment. Do I use a crash bar, lever handle or regular door knob and why?

Thanks, any input would be helpful............Michel

lpelectric

Michel Lareau said:
This is regarding a hazardous location, and a door leading to the outside: The doorway must be OSHA Approved. What type of handle do I need? This is a small building that one or two workers might enter to perform maintenance on equipment. Do I use a crash bar, lever handle or regular door knob and why?

Thanks, any input would be helpful............Michel

I wonder if you're thinking about the requirements of 110.33(A)? :smile:

HighWirey

Duh

Duh

"Why would a sparky get mixed up in spec'ing door hardware? Let the building/space designer bear that liability".

However, you may be the designer. In that case, don't screw w/ safety - go w/ panic gear. One of probably a billion sites to get a basic idea from, but you can't go wrong w/ Von Duprin:

Sometimes we got trapped into providing that stuff. Von Duprin electric door strikes, US26D (stainless steel construction), the whole enchalada . . . Get out your wallet, boys! Hope you get a quote before bid time.

You only have to miss a few on your takeoff before 'dat ole pucker factor kicks in !

Status
Not open for further replies.