Dispatching software

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscarcolumbo

Hey guys. I’m just wondering what, if any, software or app that any of you guys use to dispatch your electricians. Since all of this coronavirus thing happened, we are not meeting at the office any longer. I say the office to sound fancy, but it’s really my garage that I’ve installed a mini split AC unit and put my desk there with a couch so we can meet in the mornings and I can do my work there. Since all of this happened, we have stopped meeting there and I’m sending our job info through text. I use google calendar for scheduling and take a picture of that days jobs and send it to our electricians individually. It works out ok, but it’s becoming confusing because they are not handing me back any paperwork at the end of the day anymore for me to do the billing. I’m having customers calling me saying I haven’t billed them yet! So, is there a good software that we can all download to our company phones that you use? I know there is, but I’m wondering what the best four out particular industries would be. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Everyday my guys email me a list of materials as well as hours spent at each job. That is there job so make them do it

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
We use Asana for tracking jobs & tasks; works well for service also.

I use paper invoices for service, but use the Adobe Scan app to convert them to pdf for archiving. It would work well for your situation also to have invoices scanned and emailed to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Microwatt

We use Astea for all of our service job and it works pretty well. There is a back office side and a mobile user side. I think the back office side can only be used on a PC but our service drivers use the mobile side from iPads. It also looks like it has way more capabilities than what we use it for. I believe this is something you need to purchase licenses for and I'm not sure of those costs.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
We have our own mobile app, and after at least 15 years, and multiple updates, it still doesn’t work without crashing daily! LOL! (Probably too much spy ware!) LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.