Disconnecting means, laundry room weird scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibewelectric

Occupation
Electrician
I ran into a weird scenario today, an existing building was upgrading all the laundry room washers and dryers to hard wired commercial grade 3ph 208v. Well the laundry room is located in the basement in a fenced in area that use to have one wall but they decided to delete the wall and replace it with more fence. So i have no walls, the panel isn't within sight, everything is over 300va / 1/8 hp. What would be a good means to provide disconnecting means for the washers and dryers, also I'm not sure if they have a unit switch with an off position so I can use the circuit breaker that's not within sight for disconnecting means. As they havent provided me the model and they're not on site. I was only provided locations, amps, volts, and phases. The fenced in laundry room is small too, the 3 washers and 3 dryers along with the table will take up most the room and don't give me room to build anything off the floor

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
First thing that comes to mind is a sub-panel as close to the equipment as possible, a la a laundromat.

Status
Not open for further replies.