disconnect location

Status
Not open for further replies.

macsparky

article 430.102 (b) regarding motor disconnects, is the intent to comply with (1) or (2) the preferred method ? we have a waste water lift station that is being built right now and the design engineer has omitted field disconnects in lieu of exception (b) which puts our disconnects means at the controller inside the building 100' away and not insight of the motors! operationally this makes it tougher for us to maintenance these pumps/motors. so if they put exception (b) into play does that mean that 'insight' is no longer required? Thanks Mark

Fitzdrew516

article 430.102 (b) regarding motor disconnects, is the intent to comply with (1) or (2) the preferred method ? we have a waste water lift station that is being built right now and the design engineer has omitted field disconnects in lieu of exception (b) which puts our disconnects means at the controller inside the building 100' away and not insight of the motors! operationally this makes it tougher for us to maintenance these pumps/motors. so if they put exception (b) into play does that mean that 'insight' is no longer required? Thanks Mark

I think exception B is up to interpretation so I'd contact the AHJ, but I would think as long as it's lockable and labeled then you'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.