Difficulty with SSA form 7050

Callipygous

New User
Occupation
Controls Technician
Hi all,
My employer has been trying to get me signed up for my certification test, and one of the requirements listed is proof of experience. The actual regulation just says you have to prove your experience, the website says it has to be in the form of an itemized hour report from the social security administration. We first submitted a request for that report in July 2020. We got a response back 10 months later saying our credit card had been declined (because in that 10 months we had some fraud and the card was cancelled). We have since resubmitted I think twice, one of those is just because the boss insisted we try again, so I'm pretty sure we just have two requests in the system they haven't gotten to yet. The card we reapplied with just had some fraud, and was cancelled, so I'm sure those requests are also going to fail.

The only option from SSA is to resubmit with new payment information; they apparently can't just call the phone number you provide to get an updated card. I can't believe the only option is to try again and wait another 10 to 26 months for it to work through the system. Has anyone else been having problems with this, or know of other solutions? Is there any flexibility at all on how I provide proof of experience? I can probably get employers to sign off on experience going back 10 to 12 years.