Did you ever install the fire alarm control/annunciator panel outdoor?

zemingduan

Occupation
Electrical Designer
For example, in a 4-unit apt building, each apartment has its exit directly to the outside. And there is no indoor common house area where I can put the fire alarm control panel. Will you installed the fire alarm control panel inside one of the apt and install a fire alarm annunciator panel at the outdoor common area? What type of enclosure you will use for the outdoor annunciator panel? A link for an example? With a lock and key owned by the fire department?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
One issue with outside is that minimum operating temperature is often 32°F in the product listing.

zemingduan

Occupation
Electrical Designer
Right. I found these products the heated enclosures for FAAP and FACP. I am wondering if this kind of installation is typical for the case in my post. In that case, this is the reasonable option I can think about. Want to know more ideas from you guys!

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Right. I found these products the heated enclosures for FAAP and FACP. I am wondering if this kind of installation is typical for the case in my post. In that case, this is the reasonable option I can think about. Want to know more ideas from you guys!

Don't know about "typical" for our case, but it is done and I have done it. Remember you also have the potential for the other extreme, too hot that may need to be addressed too.

zemingduan

Occupation
Electrical Designer
Don't know about "typical" for our case, but it is done and I have done it. Remember you also have the potential for the other extreme, too hot that may need to be addressed too.
Right, the first one for the fire alarm control panel is AC/heated. It has a fan to keep the enclosure not overheating. For the FAAP I think it doesn't have too much heat dissipation so the second enclosure is only heated.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Right, the first one for the fire alarm control panel is AC/heated. It has a fan to keep the enclosure not overheating. For the FAAP I think it doesn't have too much heat dissipation so the second enclosure is only heated.
I am in Florida, they actually need a little air conditioning here, not just a fan.