Device Will Reduce Power Costs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
That would be fun to watch!
It’s actually boring IMO..
Big crane comes in, moves the 80k lb beast, then wire it up..
We did one earlier this year. Two days work.
Bending the 3” aluminum bus is the biggest challenge. You don’t have a flat, level concrete floor.

paulengr

Ahoskie, NC...
Roanoke EMC has a substation transformer has to be changed out just south if there in Windsor this week.

The water plant in Roanoke Rapids blew theirs up about a month ago. Never pulled oil samples. Really odd one...4160:550 delta-wye. Old cotton gin voltage.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Never pulled oil samples.

I don’t understand why people don’t.
cost?? It’s around $50 per sample.
next excuse..

I see some utilities that take a run to failure attitude. Duke being one. On a $20K regulator I just can’t understand that logic.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Run to ruin, is common at $1mil. per day, we have two plants changing out some big boys currently; new ISO phase buss, etc.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Run to ruin, is common at $1mil. per day, we have two plants changing out some big boys currently; new ISO phase buss, etc.
I see that logic, but when there is a way to bypass uninterrupted, I don’t.

paulengr

I don’t understand why people don’t.
cost?? It’s around $50 per sample.
next excuse..

I see some utilities that take a run to failure attitude. Duke being one. On a $20K regulator I just can’t understand that logic.

Even more ridiculous is Duke has their own oil testing lab, their own transformer rebuild shop in Garner, plus lots of storage. Yet as you said they run their equipment into the ground.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
"Watt Rescue was designed to constantly improve and optimize your power stream, by capturing and straightening the current energy that would otherwise be lost. "

That's some high quality bovine excrement right there...
Who knew that crooked current energy was the problem?
In fact, who knew that "current energy" was a thing? Or was that in relation to past or future energy?

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Please see link above.
Comments from Electrical Professionals will be appreciated.
Seems unsafe to me.
Can also be bought on Amazon under about 5 different hames, but exactly the same packaging, for less than half the price they quote here. All are equally useless and none of them are UL listed, probably because UL would not know what to call it, since it doesn't really DO anything. I would not trust any cheap Chinese junk sold on Amazon or anywhere else that is not UL listed, because there is probably a reason. It's not cost, because there are about $2 worth of capacitors and an MOV inside, so even at $13 for the other brand names, it's a gross amount of profit. Most likely the Chinese mfr is not getting UL because it would not pass any reasonable testing.

From the Amazon page of one of the other brands:
*When using,please be careful when pluging into the sockets.Don’t be too rude.Avoid damage.
*Don’t let the kids touch it.Assure the safety.
Ho boy... Yes, assure the safety.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
No ticky no wondry.
Of course we have crooked current energy, looks like a side ways S, it should look like ------- kind of a DC shape!

garbo

At a large hospital / research center that I retired from they had a company sell them not 1 but. 7white elephants. ( 4 seperate buildings) that were guranteed to save to save enough on electric bill to pay for itself in less then 18 months. Everthing was made in inferior lack of quality control china. We IR some wires after smelling a burnt odor. They were running up to 260 degrees F. They had to double the size of cabinets and still had numrous problems. First china company went out of business and union electrical contractor owing them a ton of money. One large white elephant cabinet produced so much heat they will looking into air conditioning the dual service switchgear that it was installed in. This occured over a 2.5 year period. Never heard if they ever got all of them working.

Status
Not open for further replies.