Dangerous Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Yup. And then the customers look at you "but its always been that way" or "it worked fine for 30 years"
Not so much a safety issue, but been a few times I fixed a three way switching problem by swapping leads to the switch to get the common conductor on the common terminal. They tell me it has been that way a long time and used to work - I tell them it had never worked, you just were lucky to seldom if ever have the switches in the position that makes it not work. Had a few other cases of "it was not connected correctly and should have never worked" but they insist it did.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Not so much a safety issue, but been a few times I fixed a three way switching problem by swapping leads to the switch to get the common conductor on the common terminal. They tell me it has been that way a long time and used to work - I tell them it had never worked, you just were lucky to seldom if ever have the switches in the position that makes it not work. Had a few other cases of "it was not connected correctly and should have never worked" but they insist it did.

I feel you, trust me lol.

tommydh

If you did a random sampling of electrical work on YouTube the violation rate would exceed 90%. Can't save people from their own stupidity.
The bad part is that other people watch these "experts" and do the same thing. I cringe whenever I hear "well I watched a guy on Youtube"

Status
Not open for further replies.