Damper ES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Has anyone ever had to install end switched as asked for below? It's for fire alarm.Thanks.

Fire smoke dampers (FSD’s) shall be furnished by others complete with end switches
b. Automatic louver dampers (ALD’s) shall not be furnished with end switches. This Trade Contractor(fire alarm) shall furnish and install end switches on ALD’s as required

kwired

Electron manager
Has anyone ever had to install end switched as asked for below? It's for fire alarm.Thanks.

Fire smoke dampers (FSD’s) shall be furnished by others complete with end switches
b. Automatic louver dampers (ALD’s) shall not be furnished with end switches. This Trade Contractor(fire alarm) shall furnish and install end switches on ALD’s as required

Ones I have connected were used to shut down the HVAC equipment if the damper closed and not for any purpose relating to the FA system.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I have not PM'd a project where my techs had to install end switches, but it is very common on large projects, especially with FSD's and smoke control. ALD's may or may not be part of smoke control, depending on the design philosophy (dedicated vs shared).

Status
Not open for further replies.