Current running through faucet, and cast iron tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Sarmento

New User
Occupation
General contractor
Good evening,
This past Friday my wife noticed some mild electrical shocks while running the upstairs faucet from the vanity and tub. We figured it was from the booster shot she got that day as it wasn’t happening to me. Then I realized I had rubber slippers on and sure enough I took them off and it happened to me. There is a wire under my vanity connected to the cold water pipe that was corroded. I cleaned and reconnected and when I turned the power back on the same thing was happening. Figured I’d try removing it from the pipe and once again it was the same issue but this time the ceiling lights in the bedrooms stopped working. Also I changed the old GFI with no luck on resolving the issue. I’m at a loss now on how to troubleshoot this problem and hoping to get some answers on here.
regards,
Paul.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum’s rules.

This site is designed for:

Contractors
Electricians
Engineers
Inspectors
Instructors
Other electrically related individuals
This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.

Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work who are not qualified. The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike Holt Enterprises and the Moderators of this Forum do not wish to place you and your family in danger, by allowing others to give you too little information to ensure that the installation is safe

Status
Not open for further replies.