cover plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: cover plate

We just talked about this Thursday night in class. The best excuse was:
When the cover is punched out in the factory the direction of the punch cutting thru the metal causes a sharp edge on one side. This side is the one that goes out, to protect the wire when you hang it on one 8-32 and swing it shut.
We were kidding about having the box mounted to the ceiling which is the under side?

wireddd

That stamping is for the unqualified people who bought it at the big home store so that they know
which side to put out.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

Well ok, but a freind of mine was installing a panelboard from a well know mfg, the edges were very sharp and cut his fingers down to the tendon.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

Originally posted by tom baker:
Well ok, but a freind of mine was installing a panelboard from a well know mfg, the edges were very sharp and cut his fingers down to the tendon.
i had a similar thing happen to me once. I went to pickup a component and it started to slide out of my hand so i tried to grab it with my other hand. I did not get cut all the way to the bone or anything but got a nice slice from a sharp edge that probably should not have been sharp. my guess was it was supposed to have been burnished or something and somehow missed that step in the manufacturing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.