copper mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwyllie

A client is requesting a 2" copper mesh to be installed within the walls around an EMC lab. Does anybody have any receommendations where I can find out about this project or any suggestions? What exactly, if anything, does the electrical contrator need to do for this?

Thank you

dereckbc

Staff member
Re: copper mesh

I assume this is an engineered design. If that assumption is correct, then the EC portion should be detailed in the job specifications.

This is a highly specialized RF shield design. I have seen similar designs in military listening post and radio telescope installations. I would assume the copper mesh is welded to the re-bar in the foundation, and all the re-bar is welded to form a very low impedance Ufer ground. It may even include rods placed in a grid pattern under the foundation and extended/welded to the re-bar. At some point the electrical system will be bonded like maybe a Re-bar stubbed up through the concrete in the electrical/mechanical room.

As far as finding public information on the subject, I doubt it is available and is classified or proprietary information. :cool:

bwyllie

Re: copper mesh

I am trying to compile the engineering design and am trying to find some info, this isn't for the military but rather a commercial property customer that performs sensitive testing on devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.