Conduit Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
So standard height either ladder or lift open area with no ceilings and conduit supported from trapeze racks and a 150’ straight run. Would you factor down the labor on say 2” EMT of you were running 4 of them as opposed to 2 of them? Point is do you discount for parallel runs? Thanks

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Takes me 5 minutes or more to build a unistrut rack. 1 minute to put 10 feet of conduit up, tighten the coupling and strap it.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
Let's be real. Usually would be 2 guys to put up the conduit( no?) and would take more than 1 min. Would say all in( mobilization etc.) 10 min.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I would think you're not going to save any substantial time by running multiples. May not save any at all.

If you run 150' (15 sticks) on a single run, how may times are you going to stock your lift?

If you run 4 at a time, how many times will you stock your lift to put up 600 feet?

I hardly think you're going to put 60 sticks of 2 inch pipe on the lift all at once. Plus all the other materials

It takes time to go back down and stock.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I would think you're not going to save any substantial time by running multiples. May not save any at all.
If you run 150' (15 sticks) on a single run, how may times are you going to stock your lift?
If you run 4 at a time, how many times will you stock your lift to put up 600 feet?
I hardly think you're going to put 60 sticks of 2 inch pipe on the lift all at once. Plus all the other materials
It takes time to go back down and stock.
I agree not sure of any real time saving. Also if you are pricing say from NECA manual you must be very diligent in all details of the job if quoting or bidding from NECA manual. They use an average, and if your good at a task you can make money but if you're not so experienced, or come across issues you can start loosing big on NECA pricing.
So standard height either ladder or lift open area with no ceilings and conduit supported from trapeze racks and a 150’ straight run. Would you factor down the labor on say 2” EMT of you were running 4 of them as opposed to 2 of them? Point is do you discount for parallel runs? Thanks
I wouldn't change or discount for multiple parallel runs, if you're concerned about overcharging, compare your time to the times listed in NECA. Most likely it wont be significantly different if you account for every distinct aspect of the tasks. Most times experienced pricing closely matches NECA. Don't use NECA alot but will occasionally use it to validate my pricing assumption on different jobs, (Its a lot of work to price accurately with NECA without a spreadsheet that is already populated with all the variables).

kwired

Electron manager
I do somewhat from book hours. Straight runs with factory bends takes longer to build the racks than it does to run the conduit.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
But it takes about same amount of time to build the rack whether you hang one line or ten lines from it. So building the rack is kind of a separate task.

Hanging 4 lines from it takes longer than than hanging one, but doesn't necessarily take four times longer than hanging one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.