conducting a residential load calc on All-electric dwelling unit

Toros

Hi, i am conducting a residential load calc, this dwelling unit is all -electric, my question is; can I use demand on 5000VA-electrical clothes dryer, ignoring NEC 220-54. ????
Thank you

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
For a residential load calc you probably want to use 220.82 or 220.83.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'use demand' but I think if you are going to use 220 Part III the answer to your question is 'No'.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If you are using the Standard calculation the dryer would be 5,000 watt or nameplate whichever is larger and is not included in the 220.53 demand factor if that is what you are asking.

You might find it helpful to download Mikes Residential Load Calculator found in this list

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Hi, i am conducting a residential load calc, this dwelling unit is all -electric, my question is; can I use demand on 5000VA-electrical clothes dryer, ignoring NEC 220-54. ????
Thank you

Is this a single family dwelling? 220.54 table is usually for a number of dryers. If you use the optional calculation you use the nameplate, if you use the standard calculation then either 5,000va or the namplate if it is larger-- the table 220.54 doesn't enter into the equation