Computer and device issues related to problematic grounding currents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesh

Occupation
agriculture
I agree with Hal that a spectrum analyzer is the only definitive way to confirm and isolate the cause of what appears to be RF interference.

For the OP, have you changed the screen refresh rates of your laptops and monitors/desktops to see if there's a noticeable difference with respect to the problem you're seeing? In other words, 60Hz, 70Hz, 75Hz, etc.

Yup I have messed around with all sorts of refresh rates, all the way up to 240hz. 3 monitors (120hz, 144hz, 240hz) and multiple laptop screens all 60hz. Issues are apparent across all of them. Of note is the cable boxes and TVs display the same input issues (remote controls) as my PC. Super delayed or dropped inputs.

Sesh

Occupation
agriculture
Not something you would want to pay for. Cheaper to move. :(

I agree with zbang, check around as he said.

-Hal

Ok I will ask around. Wouldn't the TF2 tell me if the RF fields are super high? Or do I need a spectrum analyzer to actually tell if RF is my issue?

Here is a few photos of measurements I just took for the sake of it.
Laptop is functioning fairly well at the moment. Still do not see how the increased EMF could affect my laptop like I have seen. Lots of screen jitter and blurry motion when the amperage is high. Obviously aware correlation does not equal causation but noting it anyway.

I should clarify that while I could certainly move and not have to deal with these problems, I am still super curious what the cause is and would really like to get to the bottom of it. Do not mind spending some money to find out either.

Status
Not open for further replies.