commercial garage doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

djd

We had commercial garage doors that were being replaced , motor assembly overhead drive . I initially kept all wiring except the wiring tail to new assembly. A day into my work I was told that I would have to install a 3 phase 480 v , I was putting 3 pole switches up high adjacent to the motor where it was before . I knew there was nothing wrong with what I did . I can`t find in the cord where it tells you readily accessible . I know there is an exception . where ??

dpcarls1598

Master Electrician
Occupation
Master Electrician
Keep looking. I don’t recall where but there is something about adjacent to motors, etc. (400’s?) I have them adjacent to VUV’s above drop ceiling tiles in hundreds of locations. It’s accessible to servicing the motor which is the main intent in my opinion.
Edit - Found it:

• 404.8(A) Exception 2. Switches and circuit breakers installed adjacent to motors, appliances, or other equipment that they supply shall be permitted to be located higher than 2.0 m (6 ft 7 in.) and to be accessible by portable means.

djd

Keep looking. I don’t recall where but there is something about adjacent to motors, etc. (400’s?) I have them adjacent to VUV’s above drop ceiling tiles in hundreds of locations. It’s accessible to servicing the motor which is the main intent in my opinion.
Edit - Found it:

• 404.8(A) Exception 2. Switches and circuit breakers installed adjacent to motors, appliances, or other equipment that they supply shall be permitted to be located higher than 2.0 m (6 ft 7 in.) and to be accessible by portable means. That one I remember finding , but the initial place where it states accessible is what I can`t find . Thank for your help .

Status
Not open for further replies.