Clinic XRay room

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

I got called to a job to remove some receptacles that were installed in two walls that is going to become an X-ray room .
Eliminating the devices and just making them junctions is acceptable to the AHJ but the problem I face is properly covering the openings.

The GC is going to install lead lined Sheetrock over the existing standard Sheetrock and I need to blank the openings and provide the same degree of protection.

Would a blank metallic cover with a piece of self adhesive lead of the equivalent thickness on the back side suffice?
Totally removing the boxes and rerouting the cables would be quite involved with the way they feed from several locations.

Thanks

nizak

The following supplier has "Shielded electrical box cover plates for duplex "single gang" receptacles or quadraplex "double gang" J-box":

The following supplier has "Shielded electrical box cover plates for duplex "single gang" receptacles or quadraplex "double gang" J-box":

I don’t see where they offer blank covers

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Unless you can flip them around to the other side of the partition the only way to do this is to remove them. When the health department inspector comes in to look for leakage, you don't want to be the one responsible for having to remove them then.

On the plus side, you don't have to worry about cutting up the existing sheetrock however you need to because it will be covered over.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.