Classified Area Documentation ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnd

2001 Calif Electrical Code Article 500-3/b Documention.
What does this consist of. I would like to request it, but would not know if what I got is what they were required to send.
Also what are pyrophoric materials ( 500-3/a )

BND

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Re: Classified Area Documentation ????

We already talked about what proper documentation was here. The facility designer should produce it. The facility owner MUST have it, per both this Code requirement and OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM). The PSM rules also mandate maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), another commonly overlooked requirement. These requirements apply to most government facilities as well as private ones.

Pyrophoric materials are "self-igniting" when they come in contact with oxygen such as metallic sodium.

bnd

Bob
Sorry I guess I' am wasting your time. This will be my last posting.
On the documentation ? I was hoping that part of the requirement would be the name of who classified the job in the first place.
The boundaries,the class & div. and the code ref. were given on the plans I bid.The source was identified as acetylene gas. As far as elevations ? I don't know what that means !!
I was wanting to get to the source and was hoping documentation would get me there. I was hoping documentation would have a standard form they must fill out. Name - reason - code ref. - etc.
Some thing we could debate. Guess I was just hoping for to much.
It seems a shame that this poor little school is going to be taken to the cleaners by the powers to be and I can't stop then.
Sorry for taking up your time.
bnd

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer

First, I'll declare publicly - you aren't wasting my time. This is a training issue for me too and if I'm not clear I'm not doing my job.

Since you're in California, I'll PM you with some contact info and we can talk about this. I want to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.