Clarification and Correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennie

Esteemed Member
I recently purchased a 1940 and 1953 edition of the NEC.

The 1940 edition permitted a range and dryer to be grounded by the neutral. This method was permitted but not mandatory. A separate equipment ground conductor could be installed, but also not mandatory.

I stated, on other boards, that world war 2 was not the reason for the 3 wire connections. The war did make it mandatory for what was already permitted.

There was a moratorium on appliances and home building during the war, so the mandatory ruling was not necessary to conserve copper.

I was accused by a world renowned code expert of posting incorrect information.

charlie

Re: Clarification and Correction

Welcome back Bennie, I have missed you. You are a wealth of knowledge and were missed by a lot of people.

We all post incorrect information at times and must eat crow (I never liked the taste). The only complaint I have ever had with you is posting your personal opinion (I love reading your opinions) and not stating it is your opinion. Some of the newer guys will pick it up as Code when it is in opposition to the Code.

How is your health? I was concerned you had left us permanently when I sent you an e-mail and you had dropped the e-mail address that I had for you. I trust you will be a frequent contributor if you are feeling up to it.

Welcome back Bennie.
firewk-blue.gif

caj1962

Bennie
I second third and fourth Charlies opinion of your posts I rather enjoy your personal words. You have been around a lot longer than most of here and I will always respect your thoughts.

bennie

Esteemed Member

Thanks for the support. I may be the senior poster now that Glenn has passed away. Not exactly a title I relish, and I do not like the manner of achieving the title.

I am pleased to read the new members responses. More participation means better information.

To all new members; My statements are entirely my own, and are not be accepted as fact unless documented corroboration is furnished. My opinions are not always in agreement with the mainstream of understanding, and may or may not be credible.

I try to research all my posts, but sometimes get off in the Twilight Zone :eek: :eek:

Regards; Bennie R Palmer

torint

Bennie, I too am glad to hear from you... I have learned a lot from you and some of the other members... I once sent you a dumb message that was asking questions about installing 4 meter cans on a 4 family flat. You never did reply..LOL....The question was so dumb.. you must have thought that I was a DIY'er.. I was just too deep in thought that I didn't see the correct answer. You know the saying "you can't see the forrest for the trees". Well I figured it out on my own... it really is great to hear from you! :)

charlie k.

Bennie, glad to hear your back. Hope you are doing well. Is it just me or has anyone else questioned an inspector and thought Bennie wouldnt do it like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.