CI Handhole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Don't have detailed specs. we have a fee 3'x3'x4' cast iron handholes so I'm pretty sure they are heavy. Sure they have to weigh several hundred pounds. Not exactly sure best way to set these in the ground. They are for our duct bank run.

1. Boom in
2. Maybe guy doing excavation/backfill could do it for us.

Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Don't have detailed specs. we have a fee 3'x3'x4' cast iron handholes so I'm pretty sure they are heavy. Sure they have to weigh several hundred pounds. Not exactly sure best way to set these in the ground. They are for our duct bank run.

1. Boom in
2. Maybe guy doing excavation/backfill could do it for us.

Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Oh wow... cast iron? Over a thousand pounds if I was to bet...
excavation guy would be best bet if you have everything ready for him...

cdslotz

A lot of times the vendor where we would buy manholes, etc would set them on delivery if you pay them and coordinate

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
What would the excavator use to set the box? the same piece of equipment used to dig the trench/holes? Backhoe I guess.

Whatever he is digging with...
backhoe, mini-ex, excavator.
unless he comes out with a shovel only...

kwired

Electron manager
What would the excavator use to set the box? the same piece of equipment used to dig the trench/holes? Backhoe I guess.

Backhoe won't usually have as much precision for small amounts of movement as a crane, so if that is important then a crane may be necessary.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Backhoe won't usually have as much precision for small amounts of movement as a crane, so if that is important then a crane may be necessary.

Depends on who’s running it... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.