Chop saw tripping other gfci’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Be interesting to see if Class C did the same thing. These are plain GFI receptacles, not the arc fault/ GFI combo type, correct?
Yes, WR rated. EGC is bonded to the building steel at the first fixture. I may put a jumper to the ufer stubbed out of the slab to building steel also, but shouldn’t make a difference. Waiting on the engineer’s design before I build the service. County will not issue a permit for commercial/industrial without engineered prints. Residential you can do whatever you want as long as the inspector approves it.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Electrical, Security, Networks and Everything Else.
Yes, WR rated. EGC is bonded to the building steel at the first fixture. I may put a jumper to the ufer stubbed out of the slab to building steel also, but shouldn’t make a difference. Waiting on the engineer’s design before I build the service. County will not issue a permit for commercial/industrial without engineered prints. Residential you can do whatever you want as long as the inspector approves it.
Then it's a ghost trying to stop the saw. Maybe this site is on an Indian burial ground? lol

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Then it's a ghost trying to stop the saw. Maybe this site is on an Indian burial ground? lol
Saw never stops, it always kills the lights. Didn’t have time to get the other lights connected because they needed to move raw materials out of the way so I could finish the conduit run. They called saying the air compressor would not start this morning. Breaker on, but no power to the compressor. Looked to the right, main disconnect to the panel was turned off! They normally turn the breaker off to shut down the compressor at the end of the day (fixing that when the second compressor is connected at the opposite end of the plant), a new employee turned off the panel main instead of the breaker!

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Electrical, Security, Networks and Everything Else.
Saw never stops, it always kills the lights. Didn’t have time to get the other lights connected because they needed to move raw materials out of the way so I could finish the conduit run. They called saying the air compressor would not start this morning. Breaker on, but no power to the compressor. Looked to the right, main disconnect to the panel was turned off! They normally turn the breaker off to shut down the compressor at the end of the day (fixing that when the second compressor is connected at the opposite end of the plant), a new employee turned off the panel main instead of the breaker!
Sorry. I thought is was the saw shutting down. Someone turning off the main doesn't help!

Status
Not open for further replies.