Chinese Safety- Can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I had an opportunity to visit the UL headquaters in Northbrook a few years ago...it is not just products with out any listing marks. They had examples of what was said to be a 14 AWG extension cord, complete with a fake UL mark....the conductor inside was only 20 AWG.

Or 14 awg steal lol.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Sounds like you were just lucky to find one that didn't work right away, how many others did work but maybe not for very long, and then consumer just purchases another cheap one? With an occasional one that has some catastrophic failure.

The thing is occasional catastrophic failures become numerous when these same products are sold in the millions if not billions:

garbo

Thats why I never purchase or use products made by lack of quality control china. Had 2 china LED drivers catch on fire but when I finally found one made in USA no problems. A nearby large company does not allow contractors or their maintenance personel to
use any safety equipment made in China. Don't forget how they killed a lot of dogs & cats few years back due to poisnous animal food made by them. My high blood pressurs medicine was recalled due to one of the ingredients made in china was dangerous. Don' t forget about the poisonous sheet rock made by china about 10 years ago. It corrded copper wires & copper pipes where home owners had to have all defective dangerous china sheetrock along with all insulation wires copper piping and even plumbing faucets replaced. Try suing or getting a dime from dangerous china products. Only purchase made in USA LED'S for my house. Had too much trouble with china piece of crap LED'S. ( They were the only ones that I could find at the time ).

kwired

Electron manager
Thats why I never purchase or use products made by lack of quality control china. Had 2 china LED drivers catch on fire but when I finally found one made in USA no problems. A nearby large company does not allow contractors or their maintenance personel to
use any safety equipment made in China. Don't forget how they killed a lot of dogs & cats few years back due to poisnous animal food made by them. My high blood pressurs medicine was recalled due to one of the ingredients made in china was dangerous. Don' t forget about the poisonous sheet rock made by china about 10 years ago. It corrded copper wires & copper pipes where home owners had to have all defective dangerous china sheetrock along with all insulation wires copper piping and even plumbing faucets replaced. Try suing or getting a dime from dangerous china products. Only purchase made in USA LED'S for my house. Had too much trouble with china piece of crap LED'S. ( They were the only ones that I could find at the time ).

What LED's are you purchasing that are supposedly made in USA?

Bet there not many if any that are 100% made in USA.

Some the better known names might still have manufacturing in other countries but still have high quality standards compared to some the unknown name really cheap stuff you can find.

garbo

What LED's are you purchasing that are supposedly made in USA?

Bet there not many if any that are 100% made in USA.

Some the better known names might still have manufacturing in other countries but still have high quality standards compared to some the unknown name really cheap stuff you can find.
Purchased CREE LED'S made in & by tax paying USA workers at Home Depot. Best thing USA Cree LED'S that I purchased come with a 5 year warranty. Think china LED'S only come with a 30 30 warranty. Yep 30 seconds or 30 steps out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.