CFL Deal (Ohio only?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Just learned today AEP is offering [deep?] discounts on CFL's as part of their SMART Lighting and gridSMART service marks.

I discovered this while I was in Walmart. They had Lights of America brand 60, 70, and 100 watt replacement screw-base CFL's for $0.92 each (they were one aisle over from the regular lighting products, in the hardware section... I had to put the generic 100W incandescent bulbs I already had in my cart back on the shelf ;)). I bought 7 of the 100W replacements... rated 1600 lumens, 23W, 10,000 hrs. FWIW, they are fairly bright upon energizing at room temp and have a two-yeqr warranty.

I checked Walmart's website and could not find the deal offered online. Upon researching, I found it to be sponsored by AEP-Ohio. Yet I know AEP is prevalent in other states. I did not research other states.

The web page I linked above states other retailers (including Home Depot, Costco, Meijer, Sam's Club and others) are participating in the program. They also say online pricing discounts are available through an online store but the discounts aren't as "deep" as I experienced at Walmart :roll:

norcal

PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric) and SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District) both subsidize* CFL's at a number of different retailers here in Northern California.

* At ratepayers expense of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.