Cell tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have cell tower site that has AC panelboard 120/240V single phase. Feeder breaker of panelboard 240V single phase feeds Ericsson Enclosure 6160AC. Currently its loaded to 14.4kw at 240V. Feeder breaker provided is 100A.

I am wondering feeder breaker size should be 80A not 100A. However it can be 100A but I am not sure about the rating of Ericsson Enclosure 6160AC. Has anyone worked with that enclosure?

I have cell tower site that has AC panelboard 120/240V single phase. Feeder breaker of panelboard 240V single phase feeds Ericsson Enclosure 6160AC. Currently its loaded to 14.4kw at 240V. Feeder breaker provided is 100A.

I am wondering feeder breaker size should be 80A not 100A. However it can be 100A but I am not sure about the rating of Ericsson Enclosure 6160AC. Has anyone worked with that enclosure?
In general, the breaker is there to protect the conductors. Except for a few things, the NEC doesn't say much about breaker size limits for equipment other than "manufacturers instructions" 110.3. As a plan reviewer, I would look at the conductor size and any requirements from the equipment manufacturer.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
In general, the breaker is there to protect the conductors. Except for a few things, the NEC doesn't say much about breaker size limits for equipment other than "manufacturers instructions" 110.3. As a plan reviewer, I would look at the conductor size and any requirements from the equipment manufacturer.
(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.