Canopy LED Changeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrician
Has anyone got any experience / advice with led changeovers on gas station canopy lights? I haven’t opened the fixtures but they look like a metal halide.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Probably 175w MH; could be 100w MH. Hubbell offered an LED kit that bolts up in place of the reflector. Last resort would be the corn cob LED lamps, but you don’t get the same light output as using an LED with the optics for putting all the light on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occupation
Electrician
Probably 175w MH; could be 100w MH. Hubbell offered an LED kit that bolts up in place of the reflector. Last resort would be the corn cob LED lamps, but you don’t get the same light output as using an LED with the optics for putting all the light on the ground.

That’s what I’m looking for a direct wire replacement.

Occupation
Electrician

Something like this?

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Something like this?

No. It’s just a metal square that bolts in place of the reflector inside the recessed HID lights; there are LED’s on the underside and driver on top. I would get in touch with your local Hubbell rep and provide them the dimensions or make/model of your existing fixtures.

Usually flush cover HID’s are 100w and dropped glass cover are 175w.

Occupation
Electrician
No. It’s just a metal square that bolts in place of the reflector inside the recessed HID lights; there are LED’s on the underside and driver on top. I would get in touch with your local Hubbell rep and provide them the dimensions or make/model of your existing fixtures.

Usually flush cover HID’s are 100w and dropped glass cover are 175w.

Thanks for all the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.