Can anyone identify this enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricknola

Electrical contractor/Generac Dealer
Occupation
Electrical contractor.
Hey guys, I got an emergency call from AT&T about a pole mounted enclosure that was struck by a vehicle. I've never seen one of these enclosures before. The woman from AT&T can't help either. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_7740.jpg
    IMG_7740.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7739.jpg
    IMG_7739.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67

cadpoint

Get it back in order or get it into a case and back in order?
Where do you stand with it? AT&T need to QA it afterwards or their spec's to look at?
Any additional back story on it ? Is it enclosed truly due to weather/location?

A custom box builder https://www.eabel.com/residential-boxes/meter-boxes/

There should be a stamp or seal somewhere, I'd chase them or like aged competitor.

patricknola

Electrical contractor/Generac Dealer
Occupation
Electrical contractor.
Get it back in order or get it into a case and back in order?
Where do you stand with it? AT&T need to QA it afterwards or their spec's to look at?
Any additional back story on it ? Is it enclosed truly due to weather/location?

A custom box builder https://www.eabel.com/residential-boxes/meter-boxes/

There should be a stamp or seal somewhere, I'd chase them or like aged competitor.
This is my first time dealing with AT&T, they want the meter pan replaced but the whole enclosure has to be replaced. If i can get the enclosure I can fixr/replace the rest.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
That definitely came from AT&T or whoever was in charge before them like Automatic Electric. Maybe not for that purpose but it's a telecom enclosure. Probably a cross connect enclosure. (The woman from AT&T probably wasn't born yet when they used them.)

Sell them a big Hoffman enclosure.

-Hal

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
What does it power? Come to think of it, what do their current practices require for that? (Practices are specs.) Why knock yourself out trying to find old junk when all they have to do is look in their book for what is needed today.

-Hal

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
That looks like a 'mid pole shroud' probably made by www.raycap.com for a 5g cell pole topper. My guess is it will be hit again unless the move it away from the street side of the pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.