Can 4" flexible conduit exceed 6' per NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchum

Occupation
electrical inspector
Can 4" flexible conduit exceed 6' if properly secured? It's a feed to a generator. .................................................................................................................................................

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I suggest you take a look at the article that describes the specific type of flexible conduit you are asking about, but as far as I can recall, there is no length restriction on any of them.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Any flexible raceway of any size used to provide flexibility after installation (like a generator) requires a wire type EGC. As Bob and Larry stated there is no length limit.

quantum

Can 4" flexible conduit exceed 6' if properly secured? It's a feed to a generator. .................................................................................................................................................
Since you are asking here, I'm assuming you are installing in a hazardous area? If you are in a class I area, LFMC (etc.) is commonly restricted to a maximum of 6ft in length to comply with 501.30(B)(Exception) (and a few other items). If you have an equipment bonding jumper, however, I don't believe there would be a maximum of 6ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.