Bulb changer stick for BR lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Greetings all I am researching light bulb changing sticks for BR40 lamps in tight eyeball trims.
I have used a regular grabber type stick for PAR lamps but dont think there is room for the grabbers in a BR / eyeball combo.
Ceilings are 24+ feet. And A frame not super practical.
I see they market a suction cup style attachment for bulb grabbers but they look like they would not work.
looking for feed back
thanks
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/177039/BAYCO-LBC400.html

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Greetings all I am researching light bulb changing sticks for BR40 lamps in tight eyeball trims.
I have used a regular grabber type stick for PAR lamps but dont think there is room for the grabbers in a BR / eyeball combo.
Ceilings are 24+ feet. And A frame not super practical.
I see they market a suction cup style attachment for bulb grabbers but they look like they would not work.
looking for feed back
thanks
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/177039/BAYCO-LBC400.html
The last lamps we changed at that height used scaffolding. They were replaced with LED.

I haven't used the product shown but it is considerably cheaper than scaffolding. Some BulbEase on the lamp base will help for future changes.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If the bulbs are incandescent I would be careful as they are easily broken when pressure is applied to them. For the cost of it it is worth a try.

Here is one at Lowes that has both types. The wire one may work--$21

1653826251065.png

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I have used the suction cup type with both PAR and BR bulbs. Mostly in cans rather than eyeballs, but they seem to work about the same with both. Which is frequently but not always.
LIning up with the axis of the socket is important, and yes, some form of bulb grease when the bulb was inserted helps a lot.
If you put the suction cup off center on the bulb face you may be able to get a little more torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.