breaker box relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lspritchard19

Occupation
Electrician
I have a customer who wants a old 100amp main fuse box changed out for a breaker box ,but the fuse box is located behind a garage door railing and needs to be relocated less than 3 feet away can I use the old fuse box to splice or what would be my best option?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
But be careful about the distance that the service wiring spans within the building before reaching the service disconnect. For example running from the old box to a new main may not be allowed, but running from the load side of the new main to the old box to connect to the rest of the building wiring would be fine.

Lspritchard19

Occupation
Electrician
But be careful about the distance that the service wiring spans within the building before reaching the service disconnect. For example running from the old box to a new main may not be allowed, but running from the load side of the new main to the old box to connect to the rest of the building wiring would be fine.

Yea I was gonna run a new service wire from the meter to the new breaker box and just use the old fuse box as a splice for the branch circuits in the fuse box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.